Last updated: November 12th, 2020
This policy describes how NeonMind Biosciences Inc. (collectively, “NeonMind”, “we”, “us” or “our”, “our company”) collects, uses, and shares your personal information.
What We Collect
You may be asked to voluntarily provide personal information to us anytime you are in contact with us, including when you purchase products through the neonmind.com website or NeonMind customer service. You may choose not to provide certain personal information, but then you may not be able to purchase products or access or use certain features of our website.
For example, when you purchase products from NeonMind, when you create or manage an account with NeonMind (including a user account for the NeonMind website), when you send us an email, when you register or subscribe to our newsletters or promotions, or participate in our promotions, sweepstakes, contests, or surveys, and when you contact NeonMind customer service, NeonMind or its service provider may collect personal information, including your name, date of birth, credit card and payment information, mailing and shipping addresses, email address, phone numbers, and any other personal information you voluntarily provide. In addition, we may retain your purchase history.
You might also provide us with the personal information (such as name, email address, mailing address and shipping address) of other individuals, such as those for whom you purchase products or gift cards or to whom you ship purchases, individuals you register for refer-a-friend promotions or similar services, or individuals with whom you share an article or other information from our website. Please ensure you have the consent of other persons before you provide their personal information to us.
We do not intentionally collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13 you may view our website but you should not make a purchase, register, or submit personal information to us.
In addition to the above, we may use “cookies” and other similar technologies such as web beacons, clear pixels, pixel tags, and geo-location technologies to automatically collect information about your activities on our website that helps us improve products and services, marketing, customer communications and the experience on our website. You may choose to disable cookies on your browser, however some of the functionality of our website may be lost.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We primarily use the personal information that we collect to provide you with products, information, and services including: (a) to contact and correspond with you regarding your transactions and your use of our products and services, (b) to provide you with information regarding NeonMind announcements, promotions, upcoming events, new products, or special features; (c) to facilitate transactions and process orders and payments for products and services purchased by you; (d) to process and respond to your specific suggestions, comments, inquiries and requests, and to otherwise administer our relationship with you; (e) to personalize and improve your shopping experience; (f) to administer and facilitate your participation in sweepstakes, contests, and promotions; (g) to create and manage your account; and (h) to develop, deliver, and improve our products, services and marketing.
We may also use your personal information for other legitimate business purposes, including to detect and prevent fraud and to maintain business records. If you submit your personal information via the careers section of our website or by email in order to apply for a job with us, we may use and disclose your personal information to administer and process your application for employment and related matters.
We also collect and create “non-personal information” which is information that is not associated with or linked to your personal information, including personal information that has been aggregated or otherwise anonymized so that it no longer relates to an identifiable individual. We may use, disclose, transfer and retain non-personal information for any purpose and in any manner whatsoever. Specific examples of how we may share non-personal information are set forth in the following section.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Service providers. We may share your personal information with companies that perform services for us (including affiliates acting in this capacity), such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and emails, analyzing customer data, providing marketing services, processing credit card payments, investigating fraudulent activity, conducting customer surveys, and providing customer service. Some of our service providers may be located outside of Canada, including in the United States. While outside of Canada, personal information will be subject to applicable foreign laws, which may permit law enforcement, government or national security authorities to have access to your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Joint Marketing Partners. We may share your personal information with third parties that we have partnered with to jointly create and offer a product or service. These joint marketing partners use this information to market and offer our products, unless you have given consent for other uses. Additionally, to the extent permitted by law, our joint marketing partners may share your personal information with us to better serve you.
- Social Media, Widgets, and Plug-ins. If you use any features made available to you on our website by a third party it may result in information being collected or shared between us and the third party. For example, if you use Facebook’s “Like” feature, Facebook may register the fact that you “liked” a product and may post that information on Facebook.
- Product Reviews. neonmind.com allows you to provide product reviews. If you choose to submit a product review, it will be displayed publicly on neonmind.com.
- Other instances. We may share your personal information in order to protect the legal rights of our company, our employees, our agents, and our affiliates, to protect the safety and security of our visitors, to detect and protect against fraud, or to comply with law or legal process.
- Business transition. We may share your personal information with another company that buys some, or all, of the assets or stock of NeonMind or our parent company or affiliates, and that company may use and disclose personal information for purposes similar to what is described in this policy. We may also share personal information with prospective purchasers to evaluate the proposed transaction.
- Aggregate information. We may share de-identified aggregate information about our customers with advertisers and marketing partners.
- Behavioural-based advertising. A third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website and other websites so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our website, or on other websites.
How We Protect Your Information
The file containing your personal information is maintained on our servers or those of our service providers and is accessible by our authorized employees and agents who require access in order to perform their job functions. NeonMind does not use, manage, retain or store any credit or debit card information. All credit or debit card information is collected, managed and retained by third party payment processors.
We realize that our customers trust us to protect their personal information. We take that task seriously and maintain reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help protect your personal information. While we attempt to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances.
You have the following options regarding your personal information.
Update your customer information. You may update or correct your name, address, email address, and other information by emailing email@example.com or by calling 1-833-XXX-XXXX).
Receiving newsletters and promotional emails. To stop receiving emails from us, you can click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional email that you receive.
Behavioural based advertising. You can opt-out of some behavioural based advertising by using your browser settings to block cookies or by installing browser plugins or extensions which block certain tracking scripts (e.g., Chrome extension which blocks loading Facebook pixel.)
Remove user review. You can remove content that you posted on an NeonMind public space, such as part of a user review, by emailing details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that removal of your information does not completely erase that information from the internet. For example, historical copies, or “caches,” may remain.
Withdraw consent. You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use, retention and disclosure of personal information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. However, if you withdraw your consent to certain uses or disclosures of your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide certain of our products or services.
Communicating With Us
If you have any questions about our privacy or security practices, or if you would like to request access to or correction of your personal information, you can contact NeonMind’s Legal Department by mail or email at:
NeonMind Biosciences Inc.
Legal Department, Privacy
200 – 1238 Homer Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 2Y5
Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your personal information we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.
Changes To This Policy